|Q. How can I get a Learner License?
|Office :Contact your Local Transport zonal
||Timing:For public dealings 8.30 AM to12.00
PM General Office timings 8.30 AM to 4.00 PM
eligibility: 18 years
For vehicles upto 50CC
engine capacity & without gear -- 16 years (Provided
parents/guardian consent obtained.)
For commercial vehicle -- 20 year
- Conversant with Traffic rules & regulations.
The documents required along with the learner application form
are as follows :
1.Residence proof –
- attested copy of any of the following:
- Ration card
- Electricity/Tel.Bill/House Tax receipts
- Life Insurance Policy
- Pass Port
- Voter Identity card
- Pay slip issued by any office in the Central/State or a local
- The consent from parents in blood relation can be treated as
residence proof, if parents enclose their residence proof.
- Other authentic proof acceptable by M.L.O.
- attested copies of any of the following :
- School certificate
- Pass port
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate from Central/State Govt. or a local body
- Identity card/voter list
- PAN of Income Tax card
- Other authentic proof acceptable by M.L.O.
No.2 : Application for learner licence with pass port size
No.1 A : Medical certificate –It is required in case of
commercial licences or age above 40 years for private
non/commercial vehicles having passport size photograph.
No.3 : Learner licence form with photographs.
No.1: Self declaration of Medical fitness. Remember to bring
the originals of the documents whose attested copies are
- Rs.75/- for one category.
- Rs.105/- for two categories.
- Rs.135/- for three categories.
This fee includes all kind of fee payable for licences excluding
photograph card, which is to be paid at the time of permanent
adopted to issue Learner Licence
- After verification of your documents you will have to go
through a learner test. Before learner test, color blindness
inspection is carried out.
- The learner test is conducted for a period of 20 minutes and
it has 20 multiple objective type questions.
- The minimum marks to qualify are 12. The learning
licence is issued to the applicant who has passed this test.
- A handbook is provided to go through and learn before about
the contents of learner’s test like Road signs, Traffic rules
& regulations with the learners licence application form.
time for learner licence issuance:
The learner licence is issued to the applicant who has passed the
learner examination. It is issued on the same date after 2-3 hours
of completion of examination or after evaluation of the answer
sheet. If the applicant does not quality the learner test, he is
given chance after one-week time.
can I get a Permanent License?
|Eligibility for permanent license:
- You should have a valid learner license.
- You should apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the
date of issuance of learner license.
- You should be conversant about the vehicle systems, driving,
traffic rules & regulations.
|Approach for permanent licence:
Approach your local
office of the Licensing Authority zonal offices
Remember to bring your original documents along with the
- Your valid original learner`s license.
- Application in
- Rs.75/- for photograph and lamination of the license.
- Proof of age and residence (as attested photocopy as
- One recent passport size photograph
- Form No.5 in case of commercial license.
- The vehicles for which category you are applying the license.
- Your original license in case of endorsements of
categories. Remember to bring your original documents along with
|Criteria/procedure of issuing for
After scrutiny of your documents you will be put through the
driving test. For driving test you have to bring your vehicle with
you. You will be tested for your driving skills, familiarization
with the vehicle, traffic rules & regulations. You can be asked
about the vehicle system and safety.
What are the steps involved for
renewal of License?
The driving licence is required to be renewed
after expiry of its validity. You have to approach to your local
office during public dealing hours for the same.
|Longitivity of Driving License
||Requirement of a medical
|Your license is valid for 20 years from
the date of issue or till you turn 50 years of age, whichever
happens earlier. However, if your license is for a commercial,
passenger or goods vehicle it must be renewed after every three
- If you are above 40 years.
- If you have commercial license.
Documents required for
renewal of Driving License
For Private Licence
|For Commercial Licence
- Application in Form No.9.
- Rs.15 for fees and Rs.65 for the photograph and
lamination of the licence.
- 2 copies of your recent passport size photograph.
- Driving licence held.
- Proof of age and residence.
No.1 A only if age more than 40 years.
- The above documents as used in Private License
- Medical form No.1 A in all cases.
- Driver refreshing Training certificate in case of HMV.
In case of Private licence
the record is not verified if the particulars seems to be clear on
the licence. However for commercial licence the particulars are
verified from the issuing authority. The renewal of licence in case
of private licence is done on the same day but for commercial
licence the renewal is made after verification of the particulars.
How can I get a duplicate Driving
Duplicate Licence is issued in case of loss,
theft,or on mutilation
We recommend you to keep the photocopy of your licence safe,
particulars of licence noted with you so that you may not face troubles in
case of loss/theft. It would be easier to locate about your licence
particulars from the record. If you can not provide the particulars it is
advisable to go ahead for fresh licence instead of duplicate of licence.
|Procedure to get a Duplicate License
- Application in Form LLD.
- FIR of the lost licence
- Challan clearance report from Traffic Police (in case of
Commercial licence renewal).
- Rs.85 for fees along with Rs.75 for photograph and lamination.
For duplicate licence you have to approach the issuing authority and
the particulars will be verified from their records. The validity of
duplicate licence will be the same of your previous licence. The original
issuing authority will issue your duplicate licence.
If your licence is lost and expired by more than 6 months your case
requires permission from Head Quarter of Transport Department.
|Q. How can I
get a International Driving Licence?
International driving permits are issued from
various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You
are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one
year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of
applying for a International driving permit :-
- Valid driving licence issued.
- attested copy of address proof.
- attested copy of Birth certificate Valid passport Valid Visa Fee of
- Two passport size photograph.
The International driving permit is issued from 9.00 AM to 3.00 PM from
International Driving Licence Unit,
Transport Department (HQ) 1st floor,
5/9 Under Hill Road, Delhi-110054
How can I get an Other State Driving Licence?
The procedure and documents are same as renewal
of driving licence except record confirmations may be asked from issuing
authority of that state. You have to apply to your local
office for the same